As Texans Head Back to Work: Parents Can Locate Available Child Care Using FIND!, Free Child Care Search Tool
Fort Worth, Texas, May 20, 2020 – As Texas begins to re-open businesses, all parents can now readily locate available licensed child care in Tarrant County for children ages 0-12 years of age using the free FIND! child care search tool. Initially launched to specifically support “essential service workers” (as defined by the County and the State of Texas), as of May 18th, all parents in need of child care can easily search and locate all available child care slots near their work, home and/or along their commute on their mobile or desktop devices by visiting: find.bestplace4kids.com.
As communities deal with widespread disruption stemming from COVID-19, The Best Place for Kids!® effort is motivated to help working parents find safe, quality and available child care options for their children. While FIND! was initially launched as an emergency solution to support “essential service workers” (i.e. healthcare, first responders, grocery workers, etc.) during COVID-19 stay-at-home orders, with Texas schools remaining closed till Fall and limited in-person summer programming, FIND! is intended to serve longer-term community needs as working parents face a new reality when identifying child care options for young children 0-5 and school-aged children alike.
FIND! Fast Facts
- As of May 20, 2020, there are over 9,600 available licensed child care spots listed (for children ages 0-12) across Tarrant County on the FIND! search tool.
- This free, parent-facing resource allows parents to filter availability information by:
- Child’s age
- Location: near work, home, and/or along commute
- Centers that accept financial aid*
- All providers and those that have reported availability
- FIND! aggregates other pertinent information for parents on local child care centers including: licensing and quality rating, inspection history, hours of operation, and accurate contact information.
- Child care providers in Tarrant County update their availability information on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy. Providers with questions can email email@example.com for assistance.
- *Over 1,100 Tarrant County children are newly enrolled in child care as their families have qualified for 3-months of emergency financial assistance linked on FIND! made available to qualifying parents through CCMS’ simplified online-application.
- Emergency financial assistance originated from the Texas Workforce Commission’s (TWC) March 24th authorization of $2.5M in funds for Tarrant County that Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County has administered to implement emergency child care support using current Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) funding.
- For more info and background on the March 30th launch of FIND!, visit: https://bestplace4workingparents.com/findchild-care-launches-to-support-essential-workers-during-covid-19-response-in-tarrant-county/
ABOUT The Best Place for Kids!®
The Best Place for Kids!® exists to ensure every child has access to quality education starting at birth, families are connected with key local resources, and businesses are supported with strategies that benefit working parents AND their bottom line. Learn more about this unprecedented public-private partnership making the fastest-growing large city in the U.S., with the 2nd highest percentage of families with children known as The Best Place for Kids!® via www.bestplace4kids.com, LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook.
Cheraya Peña; 210-454-1484